I’m fascinated by internal organs (but not in a creepy way). My favorite book is Grey’s Anatomy fortieth addition. My favorite video is Integral Anatomy Vol 4: Viscera and their Fasciae (dissection videos).
In addition to being a passionate student of anatomy and physiology, I’m an avid learner of herbal medicine and natural movement. I have a heartfelt enthusiasm for teaching people how to care for their reproductive and digestive organs. What lights me up is to see people connect with the inner beauty and wisdom of their bodies.
I feel most at home walking in the forest learning about wild edibles & medicinal plants.
19 years experience and training as a licensed massage therapist (license #6509)
- Practitioner and educator of the Arvigo Techniques of Maya Abdominal Therapy®
- Certified Chi Nei Tsang practitioner
- Nutritious Movement™ certified Restorative Exercise Specialist
- Wise Earth Ayurveda manual therapies
- Reiki Practitioner
- Flower Essence Formulator
- Craniosacral Therapy 1-Upledger Institute
- Functional Methods (low force Osteopathic Techniques)
- Anatomy of the Abdomen and Pelvis; from basics to clinic (Coursera) by Universiteit Leiden & Leiden University and Medical Center
- Visceral Manipulation™ -Barral Institute
- VM1-Abdomen Liver, Stomach, Intestines
- VM2- Spleen, Kidneys
- VM3- Pelvic Organs
- VM4- Thorax
- VM5- Manual Thermal Evaluation
- L1- Osteopathic manual evaluation techniques
“Thank you Barbara for being such a beautiful spirit and healer on my path. You’ve made such a difference and continue to in so many ways that I can hardly express. Thank you for being such a blessing in my life.”Darlene Reed, PhD
“The menstrual cycle following my treatment was not only pain-free, it was lighter and lasted two days shorter than usual. Overall, the two sessions with Barbara left me feeling more grounded and in balance with my body, which was very empowering.”Michele Eccleston